It’s become a bit of a tradition that every year, before Christmas we take in a show with Poss. A bit of a treat, a way to kick off the holidays, something for us to do together. A special day in the city, lunch and maybe taking in the Christmas decorations.
When Poss was younger it was the Wiggles, then, thankfully, when she got a bit older we moved on from the commercial stage shows to more of a theatre experience. First we did Angelina Ballerina and then last year we did Charlie and Lola. This seems to work better for her anyway as it’s more intimate and less overwhelming.
It’s also introduced us to the Arts Centre, which has been amazing. There is something magical about that big pointy spire, with the plush seats and the hush of the crowd as the lights go down. The shows have been part of their summer series, designed to be long enough for the kids to enjoy but not too long for them to get bored and act up. Perfect really.
This year, with Christmas being all sneaky and just arriving out of the blue (well, not really, but that’s how it felt) and then the long, looong holiday we kind of missed out.
So, when I was contacted to see if I wanted to give away some tickets to MASSIVE’s Beats Harmonies Boom!, one of this year’s summer series shows, I jumped at it. Sure, it’s not on until March, but I don’t think Poss will mind waiting a bit longer anyway. It will be a term one treat this year instead!
It looks like something that will be right up her ally – rap, harmonies, dance and percussion – she is all about the music at the moment, spending hours in her bedroom dancing and singing, and the blurb says there will be a chance for the audience to become involved… I can just see her grooving away!
Anyway, I have a family pass to give away (valued at $64), along with a copy of the soundtrack to get you in the groove. Entering is easy, just tell me in the comments below why you want to go and I will get Poss to pick her favourite.
The fine print
- The prize consists of 1 family pass (x4 tickets), valued at $64.
- The winners must be available to attend the show at the Arts Centre at 11am on 3rd March 2013.
- The prizes are not transferrable for cash or other sessions.
- The show is suitable for kids ages 6 and up.
- Entries open at 7am on 17th January 2013 and close at 7pm on Friday 25th January 2013. Entrants will be advised on Saturday 26th December and tickets will either be express posted, or left at the box office for collection.
- Winners consent to their details being provided to the PR company for their tickets to be posted to them.
- If the winners do not contact About a Bugg by 5pm on Monday 28th January, the competition will be re-drawn.
- I have not been paid for this post, however tickets to attend the show and copy of the soundtrack has been provided to us for our enjoyment.