As Christmas rolls around again (seriously – didn’t we *just* have Christmas), our house is full of wish lists littered across every solid surface, and the sounds of “stop that or you won’t find any presents under the tree” ringing out with disturbing frequency.
While the sass and backchat are something else, the whole ‘what goes on the list’ thing is tricky. We’re at a bit of an in-between year this year; too old for so many toys, but seriously how many tech devices does one kid need?
However, Poss has put a LOT of thought into her list and to be fair, there’s a few great things on there that I would never have thought of; things that reflect her passions, but also a few practical inclusions that took me by surprise.
I thought some of you with tweens who might be facing the same issue, may be interested in what’s receiving top billing for her this year.
- Havaiana thongs are a classic summer footwear choice, yet Poppy doesn’t seem to respect this and she’s chewed through Poss’ favourite pair. New thongs for the win.
- Stampy Longnose has put out a book. Naturally it’s on the list.
- Because clearly we need another small thing to look after in this house, a chihuahua and a bunny simply aren’t enough. So a Mip robot has been requested. We’ll see.
- I don’t know how we go through so much chalk, but apparently too much chalk is never enough.
- Orbeez (or water beads) are high on the list. The squishy, wetness of them doesn’t do anything for me, but Poss could play with them for hours.
- After heading along to this workshop with Olympus, we’ve had much nagging for a camera of her own. Luckily for Poss, the team at Olympus have kindly sent her a Tough T-G4 to play with. More on that later.
- Poss is all about the Hunger Games at the moment, so a box set of the DVD’s have been requested to go with the books she’s already got. There might have also been a request for a Katniss style crossbow. But I’m not so convinced about that one…
This is but a small sample of the long, long list of things that Poss is hoping for… She might get lucky with a few of them, but we’ll probably skip the crossbow.
What sort of things are topping the Christmas wish list at your place?