As well as a pretty amazing Mockingjay cake (because what is a Hunger Games party without a Mockingjay cake?) for Poss’ birthday on the weekend, we also indulged in a stupidly indulgent Golden Gaytime Ice-cream cake.
Sounds delicious, yes?
I’m not going to take credit for this ice-cream cake. I’m sure I spotted it on another bloggers page, so I’m purely sharing my take on their amazingly easy, and tasty idea.
To make this cake you’ll need:
- 2 boxes of Golden Gaytime ice-creams
- Ice Magic
- Bag of Crunchie pieces (or similar)
- 1 litre of Vanilla ice-cream
- Chocolate fudge sauce
To put it together, it’s as easy as….
- Get a large bowl, or cake tin and line it with cling wrap. I used a bowl because I like the shape it makes when we toss it out.
- Coat the bottom of the bowl with Ice Magic.
- Unwrap each ice-cream, and use a large knife to cut it off the stick. Do it one at a time, or it will go all melty.
- Push them into the bowl, lining it with the ice creams, the Golden Gaytime crunchy bits on the outside.
- Then take your chocolate fudge and swirl it around on top of the ice cream.
- Add a layer of vanilla ice cream.
- Then layer your Crunchie pieces on top.
- Finally, add another layer of vanilla ice cream.
- Grab some more cling wrap, cover the top of the bowl and stick it in the freezer. Leave it to set for a few hours.
- Turn it out, and eat. We served it with some more chocolate fudge sauce, because why not.
And it really is as easy as that. Enjoy!